What’s the Difference Between a Sedan and a Coupe?
What’s the difference between a sedan and a coupe? Many Mercedes-Benz models come in both formats, so as you make your decision of which luxury model to drive around Long Island, consider what sets each apart.
- Sedans traditionally have fur doors, while coupes usually have two doors.
- Coupes were originally vehicles without rear seats, while sedans have always accommodated more passengers.
- Coupes are said to be sportier in style thanks to a sloping roofline, while sedans maintain a more classic appearance.
- Within the same lineup, sedans and coupes may run on different powertrains.
While there’s a lot that differentiates sedans and coupes, they also have a lot in common.
- Today, sedans and coupes often both offer two rows of seating.
- Within the same lineup, sedans and coupes tend to provide similar features.