2018 Mercedes-Benz GLE vs. 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLS
Learn More About the 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLS Contact Us
On the hunt for a high-performing luxury SUV? You’ll be well served be either the 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLE or the 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLS, as they both:
- Achieve an EPA-estimated 22 mpg highway from their introductory V6 engines
- Provide amenities like a leather-wrapped steering wheel, genuine wood trim, front power lumbar support with an optional massage feature, a sunroof, and more
- Promise high-tech features including an eight-speaker stereo system, an optional navigation aid with real-time traffic and voice activation, telematics with emergency communication and Internet connectivity, and more
- Include a new vehicle limited warranty lasting for 48 months or 50,000 miles
- Offer AMG® turbocharged 5.5L V8 engines at the top of the lineup that churn out 577 hp and 561 lb-ft of torque
While the 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLE and the 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLS are both solid choices, your decision will largely depend on your preferences and what you need from your luxury SUV.
- The GLE starts at an MSRP from $52,200, while the GLS starts at an MSRP from $69,550.
- The GLE seats up to five people, while the GLS accommodates up to seven passengers.
- The GLE offers 38.2 cubic feet for cargo as standard and 80.3 cubic feet maximum, while the GLS has 16.0 cubic feet for storage when all seats are occupied and 93.8 cubic feet total.
Performance & Utility
- The GLE runs on a 3.5L V6 generating 302 hp and 273 lb-ft of torque via a seven-speed automatic transmission to start, while the GLS is powered by a 3.0L V6 making 362 hp and 369 lb-ft of torque via a nine-speed automatic transmission at the beginning of the lineup. Learn more about GLS performance specs with Mercedes-Benz of Rockville Centre.
- The GLE has a towing capacity of 6,600 pounds with its introductory engine and 7,200 from the AMG® models, while the GLS can haul up to 7,500 pounds across the board.
Browse Mercedes-Benz SUVs at Mercedes-Benz of Rockville Centre
You’ll find the 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLE, the 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLS, and the rest of the Mercedes-Benz SUV lineup when you shop at Mercedes-Benz of Rockville Centre. Compare the Mercedes-Benz GLE to the BMW X5 too, as well as, compare it to the Audi Q7. Contact our team to learn more. Don’t believe us? See what expert reviews say about the Mercedes-Benz GLE!