5 Weekend Spots in Long Island
If you’re looking to get away for a bit, whether locally or from afar, consider these five weekend spots in Long Island, courtesy of Mercedes-Benz of Rockville Centre.
Head up the coast from Nassau County to Montauk for the weekend to take advantage of attractions like:
- Sand dunes
- Stunning state parks
- The National Historic Landmark Montauk Lighthouse
- Second House Museum: the second home ever built in the area
When visiting, you can also stay at the Montauk Manor, featuring Gatsby decorations, tennis courts, pools, bocce ball, a spa, and more.
For a bit more privacy, consider Shelter Island. Here, you can:
- Explore the island by bicycle
- Traverse Mashomack Preserve
- Stay at a bed-and-breakfast
- Go antiquing
Take the Long Island Rail Road to Greenport, where you can take advantage of:
- Shopping at the Tanger Outlet
- Golf courses
- Local wineries
Consider a stay at the Harborfront Inn at Greenport to fully immerse yourself in these relaxing weekend excursions.
When you head to East Hampton for the weekend, you’ll have access to:
- Various top-notch restaurants
- LongHouse Reserve
- Cedar Point County Park
Consider Huntington on Long Island for the following activities and attractions:
- Caumsett State Park
- Oheka Castle Mansion Tours
- Heckscher Museum of Art
- Cold Spring Harbor Fish Hatchery & Aquarium
- Cold Spring Harbor Whaling Museum
Visit Mercedes-Benz of Rockville Centre
Before you head out for the weekend, make sure your vehicle is up to date on service, and then stop by Mercedes-Benz of Rockville Centre for maintenance, or pick out a new Mercedes-Benz sedan for the perfect weekend ride. You can also take advantage of our lease offers and plan to grab a bite at one of these unique dining places in Nassau County.